meh

101

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Welcome Fellow Knitters!

Dear Friends,
I start this new blog with a disclosure:  I am not a life-long knitter.  Knitting, quite honestly, baffled me for the first 4 decades of my life. Being a left-hander I am challenged to learn skills that require dexterity from my right- handed  friends and family. About 7 years ago, I gave my young daughter a basic children's  knitting book (please contact me if you want info on the book) and though she had little interest in knitting, I taught myself to knit from this book.  I proudly showed my husband my first product: a potholder!!..  And a love for knitting was born.

Over the past several years I have knitted many things; adapting patterns, challenging and experimenting, gifting, donating, and discarding!  I have had some laughs and ripped out yards of yarn in frustration.  Most of my knitting projects have come from the inspirations of other bloggers... I have benefited from the knowledge and expertise of so many knitters around the world, young and old.  I am grateful for all they have taught me and so...

My new year's resolution this year was to start a blog and share my knitting ideas, patterns, pictures and experiences, along with a few thoughts and reflections with others. As I have found that knitting occupies the hands and allows the mind to go where it will... A nice thing in a busy world.

So, I will be back in touch soon with my first knitting post...  Toe socks!!

Thanks for following,

purl girl

No comments:

Post a Comment